Monday, March 28, 2016

Mighty Joe - Green Juice

This recipe is my tribute to Joe Cross who inspired me to start juicing, get healthy and lose weight. I drank this at least twice a day during My 60 days juice fast. This has become such a important part of my diet that I miss it on the days I skip this juice. It is unbelievable how much produce you can get from one serving of juice.This is a great juice to boost your immune system and improve your health. So here you go - my weight loss juice recipe that I promised to share.



Preparation time - 10 minutes

Serving - 2 

Ingredients

2 cucumbers
3 celery stalks
3 carrots
1 Green apple (deseed) - not shown in photo
4 kale leaves with stalk
5 oz of spinach leaves
1/4  lemon
1 inch piece of ginger

Procedure
  1. Wash all the produce
  2. Cut them into pieces to fit in your juicer
  3. Add all ingredients through juicer and enjoy 
When I buy spinach and kale I try to use it with in 2-3 days. 
I buy boxed baby kale and spinach sometimes to save time as they are usually triple washed.
You can increase the amount of celery if you like. I am not a big fan of celery, but I am beginning to like it now.  
Try it and post your reviews on my blog.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Celery is a vegetable and kale is also greens like spinach. If u cant find those u can just use more spinach and another cucumber instead of celery

      Delete
  2. Can we use normal apple instead of green? Can this be consumed as substitute of a meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, you can use red apple but it makes the juice very sweet and i did not like it. its perfect to replace a meal wont be hungry for 3 hours after drinking this

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Can we use normal apple instead of green? Can this be consumed as substitute of a meal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes but its too sweet with red apple. U can substitute for a meal wont be hungry for 3 hours if you drink 16 oz

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. yup its the best you wont be hungry for 3 hours if you drink 16 oz.

      Delete